Monday, June 18, 2007

Boundless Writers Carolyn McCulley And Suzanne Hadley "Unite" (Along With Frieda Fruitcake!)

Frieda Fruitcake writes: Rejoice! And I say it again, dear singleness-gifted sisters and last remaining brother in the church, rejoice!
At last, Boundless recently came out clearly in unity with the Carolyn McCulley school of 'thought' regarding singleness!
And not before time too, quite frankly!
I don't mind admitting, Boundless has caused me to cry out to the Lord in distress on occasions. Not very often, particularly as there are so many wise comment contributors out there that post things unchallenged by Boundless such as Jesus agreeing with the disciples that it is better not to marry, but there have been some troubling articles in the past, particularly by the idolatrous, marriage-worshipping heathen Candice Watters!
This sinful woman recently dared to criticise some of the contemporary beliefs in the church regarding singleness that Carolyn so fervently seeks to promote, in a terribly unfortunate article entitled: Misguided Compassion.
Indeed my dear (but really quite dreadful!) brother, Captain Sensible, recently commended her on it on this very blog! (Which we still have the burden to share, it pains me to say. But I am trusting God to provide me with a blog of my own, and until then it must be His will for me to share, so I know I just need to be content and wait on the Lord and when the time is right, He will bring a blog of my own to me! Praise the Lord!)
How wonderful that the very blog that was started by this backslidden sister, is now a vehicle to promote the teaching that she herself so very recently criticised!
I now have faith for a new article by Candice Watters, entitled: "Misguided Past Articles".
And what a wonderful new prodigy Carolyn has in Suzanne Hadley! How heart-warming that we now appear to have a new generation of pro-"gift of singleness" writers, ready to scold women for being discontent with singleness or daring to speak a word of criticism against a man, and advising, as Carolyn does in her book, that if Christian women are single then it must be God's will that they are, and that all they need to do is wait on the Lord, and trust in God, and when the time is right He will bring their spouse to them. (Assuming of course that they have not been given the "gift of singleness" for their entire life, which of course they will not know for sure until they leave this world to be with the Lord.)
This remarkable new teaching that the Lord chose to suddenly reveal in the past few years, can now go on and go for many more generations to come!
And all the single and barren sisters now -- and in faith, to come -- said "Amen!"
NB: Oh, and in case anyone wonders why my humble musings are always posted by Captain Sensible, it's because I trusted in God for my education, and He has not yet chosen to give me the Gift of Literacy, so I need to trust in His timing to give me first the Gift of Literacy and then, if it is His will, the Gift of My Personal Blog. Until then I encourage myself that blogging probably won't happen in heaven, so it's a temporary gift that -- just like marriage! -- really isn't all that anyway!
Be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home