Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"In the spring, a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love"

Frieda Fruitcake writes: What heathen wrote this?
The Captain tells me it's a certain "Alfred Lord Tennyson" apparently.
A grand name, I'll give him that.
But who is he? That's what I'd like to know!
Some silly pop star or something no doubt. Obviously not a Christian anyway. Hasn't he heard of the precious and most holy Gift of Singleness? I mean, it's only been in the Bible for the last THIRTY YEARS!
I give him a year or so and no one will ever have heard of him!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Thoughts of love" indeed!
Sinful, sinful, sinful discontent!
Such worldliness!
Such idolatry!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Frieda, for bringing this to our attention!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction Frieda, it's only been in the modern "interpretive" versions of the Bible for the last 30 years, like The Living Translation and The Message.
I am sure the others will come up to speed soon!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home