Sunday, December 24, 2006

Urgent Prayer Request!

Frieda Fruitcake writes: How it pains me, my dear singleness-gifted siblings, to be the bearer of some terrible news, especially at this otherwise joyous Christmas season.
As you may recall, I recently urged everyone to share the encouraging proof of the existence of God as described in my previous post.
Ever faithful to our Lord’s great commission, I did indeed offer this remarkable scientific revelation at our Children’s Nativity Play last night, which I am delighted to report was packed with children and families from our local community, plus senior church officials and dignitaries from the surrounding area.
So powerful was my testimony that our dear leader, the Right Reverend Archibald Longbottom, found himself quite overcome with emotion at the ensuing uproar and promptly fell shaking to the ground in what can only be described as a powerful manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
Sadly, however, he hasn’t quite recovered from this experience, and his condition this morning remains so critical that even I -– Frieda Fruitcake -– have been expressly forbidden to visit him, as he lies heavily sedated in his hospital bed in the psychiatric wing of the Royal London Infirmary. (No flowers, please.)
Yet there is some light in these dark hours!
I am greatly encouraged that the Reverend Longbottom was so obviously overcome by my performance on the microphone last night, that even as he lay quivering at the foot of the alter, curled up in the foetal position, and with globules of saliva dribbling from the side of his mouth, his kind, glassy eyes still managed to locate mine.
As he courageously raised a finger towards me, I could clearly discern the words “This…is…all…your…doing!” forming at his mouth.
How marvellous that even in what may turn out to be his final hours in this fallen world, his determination to thank me for my contribution to the night’s dramatic turn of events was uppermost in his mind!
Please join with me in prayer for the Reverend Longbottom’s speedy recovery to a full state of health.
How our country needs discerning men of God such as he!
Indeed, don’t I already know the plans I have for him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home