Sunday, January 07, 2007

Make Love Your Goal...for 2007!

Captain Sensible writes: Regular readers may recall that just prior to Christmas, I mentioned that a church had played the 80s track The Power of Love by Frankie Goes to Hollywood at their carol service, the chorus of which contains the words: "Make love your goal."
The lyrics of this beautiful song reveal a dual meaning, which illustrates perfectly the link between agape love and romantic love, both of which I believe God has given us to enjoy and for our benefit.
Being a very recent convert to the wonders of YouTube, I have now found the video, which you can view here.
Finding love is not all about "waiting" and "trusting", despite what dear Frieda Fruitcake and friends may say.
Over spiritualising something that God has instructed us to actively pursue, can lead to comments like this one that I read recently: "Obviously we are dependent on our sovereign God to orchestrate the details of meeting a future husband."
Er -- it might help if we left the house sometimes though...
We know that God's Word is "a lamp to (our) feet and a light for (our) path." (Psalm 119: 105)
But what good is a lamp and a light if the feet aren't moving?
Very recently, an opportunity arose that held the promise of a great blessing.
In a situation like that, should I just remain stationary and await the blessing? Or should I walk purposefully to claim it?
As the song says: "Make love your goal."
And then let's get moving towards it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! You are preaching to the chior, buddy. It sounds so...sensible...when you say it. Now it's just a matter of overcoming years of Christian brainwashing. I feel like a creep when I think about asking a cute Christian girl out on a date. What if she says no? Then I'm a sexual predator. I know - it doesn't make any sense...but it's how I feel sometimes.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home