Monday, January 01, 2007

Pssst! A Glimpse into the Mysterious World of the SCM (Otherwise known as the Single Christian Male)

Species: Single Christian Male
Age: Approximately mid-30s
Country of Origin: South Africa
Scene of Discovery: New Year's Eve party, London, England.

"Of course, I could speak to some of the women here, and then after about ten minutes of talking to one of them, it's possible I might start to find feelings developing. But I wouldn't know if that person was 'God's best' for me. You have to wait on the Lord."

Wait for what, one wonders? Thunderbolt? Visitation from the Angel Gabriel? Pillar of fire? Burning bush? (Or at least a smouldering Christmas tree. It's only polite to give the Lord something to work with.)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Prufroquette said...

Exactly, because God always gives fiery signs from the sky. There's never any revelation of God in the quiet, the mundane, the unremarkable...

Wait, what? 1 Kings 19?

:)

Great point!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you won't post this, but some of us guys are simply waiting for the right sign.

I'm single but I'll marry the first woman to spank me with a cricket bat.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch..cricket bats really hurt...how about a table tennis paddle????

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll spank you with a cricket bat. Just let me know when where and when...
NSCF

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home