Friday, June 22, 2007

"His word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed I cannot"

'But if I say, "I will not mention him
or speak any more in his name,"
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.'
(Jeremiah 20:9)

Captain Sensible writes: I like UCB's Word for Today daily reading this morning, with it's encouragement to be passionate! Here are some extracts:

"In the face of overwhelming odds, Nehemiah rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem in just 52 days. How? Because of a single-minded passion to do so.

"Jeremiah said that when he tried to quit speaking about the Lord, God's Word became '...like a burning fire shut up in my bones...' (Jeremiah 20:9 NAS). You can't contain a fire that God lights. When He sets your heart ablaze you begin to see things you never saw before and get excited about them.

"But it's not likely you'll experience much of a passion for anything if you're just sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen. James says 'Don't just be a hearer of God's word, be a doer' (Paraphrase. see James 1:22). You'll get a passion for God's will once you begin doing it! You'll think 'this is what I was made for.' And when you have a compelling reason for doing something and know that God is watching and smiling on you, it makes all the difference."

Anyone feel like doing something about the problem of singleness and the lack of men in the church? (Hint: Watching this is a good place to start!)

UCB's Word for Today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home