Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A personal tribute to Tony Blair: A Man of Integrity

Captain Sensible writes: Very self-indulgently, I want to offer my personal tribute to the British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, who resigns today; a man who in my mind has never failed to act with integrity, or in his words, aimed "to do the right thing".
Christians may differ on their views of him, but it is my personal belief that a lot of people are going to be very surprised one day.
A Christian man with integrity, grace, humility, wisdom and courage, I, the country, and the world, will miss him.
From one of the best days of my life, when I joined other Labour Party supporters in celebrating his victory a decade ago, to today when he bows out, I have never wavered in my support of him.
Excuse me while I shed a tear...
Hang on! Enough of that sentimentalism! He's now unemployed, right? I wonder if he will take up the cause of men and the church and the wrong teaching on singleness?
Now there's a thought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home