Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Interpretation Of A Tongue Regarding Singleness

Captain Sensible writes: Yesterday, I asked the Lord for some gift of the Spirit to guide/clarify/confirm the path we are taking, and what do you know, that same evening I heard about a tongue that was given in a church on Sunday, along with an interpretation.
The interpretation of the tongue -- as it was given to me from someone who was in the church at the time -- is as follows:

"If you are single -- young or old, and lonely, God is with you. Go out. He will provide for you, and if marriage is your desire, he will provide it for you."

I haven't embellished it in any way, but something I found interesting was the "Go out" bit. Worth everyone giving some thought to that, I think?
However, something else that is interesting (and highly significant, I believe) is this: The woman that gave the interpretation is very much of the "Let God be your husband" school of thought. When she was giving the interpretation, she mentioned several things, only one of which was relating to singleness. The words all came as a stream, except for the singleness part, which she seemed to have some difficulty with, and struggled over somewhat, as she tried to get the words out. Apparently some people in the church were shocked to hear these words come out of her mouth, as they are in direct contrast to her "human wisdom"! (God's sense of humour perhaps!)
For what it's worth, there is therefore no doubt in my mind that this came from God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that is interesting. I do believe that God gives us choices and perhaps we have more freedom in our marital pursuits then we've been led to believe. I mean isn't the whole "let God pick your mate...good thing vs. God thing" a recent trend?

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home