Saturday, August 18, 2007

A love poem, sent to a single Christian woman by a believing man who had stopped going to church.

Captain Sensible writes: I just feel it is important to share this. Unlike some Christian men, this believing man feels "blessed" by the love of a Christian woman. This blessing is available to Christian men, but it appears some of them want to reject this blessing (and not for Kingdom purposes that necessitate a life of celibacy either!).
Are they insane???
Christian women, please look outside "church" and inside the Body of Christ!

Inside Of Me

If you could see inside my soul
see inside my heart
you would know how I long for you
whenever we're apart

If you could see inside my head
if thoughts were things to see
you would know how I cherish you
how much you mean to me

In all the ways you comfort me
the way you hold me near
the way you know just what to do
to chase away my fear

The sparkle in your beautiful eyes
your smile, laugh, your touch
are just a few of many reasons
I love you oh so much

Knowing I can talk to you
about any and everything
and knowing together we will get
through whatever life may bring

I could search the whole world over
and this I know is true
I would never find another love
like the love I found with you

Though with each new day, each sunrise
we can't know what's in store
there is one thing I know for sure
each day I love you more

So if you could see inside my head
if thoughts were things to see
you would know I blessed I feel
to have you here with me.


Captain Sensible writes: Having searched on the internet, I believe this poem is by Jay Scott. Nice work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Sensible said...

A friend of mine has just offered a very interesting new insight.
It goes something like this:

God wants us to outreach beyond our churches.
The church is not outreaching to men.
So God has allowed the enemy to fool the Christian men into believing that they do not need a wife.
Christian women are then put in the postition of having no choice but to look outside the church.

End result?

More men are saved.
Christian women have husbands.
The Body of Christ can again function as it should.

Hmmm...interesting.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Captain Sensible said...

Another single man - a believer but not church-goer - has also written a poem and given it to a single Christian woman.
In previous discussions, he spoke to her about his concerns of "failing" his 5 year old son that lives with him.
She said he won't fail him unless he abandons him, which she knew he wasn't going to do, and she also brought God into the conversation, and told him he doesn't need to feel the weight of responsibility on his shoulders alone.
He admitted that the times he has felt most at peace were when he was in a church...
So much potential...

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home