Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ladies! Don't fear Christmas alone!

Frieda Fruitcake writes: Now ladies I know it can be hard being alone at Christmas, with no husband and family of your own to love and enjoy the season with. But thanks once again to the marvellous Purposeful Singleness site, we have some wonderful suggestions of how to spend our time, which I really have to share with my sisters in Christ! (Brothers - Let's hear some great suggestions from you too! Here's one to start you off: Watching batteries charge! Especially if it has an exciting light display to watch too!)

"Growing houseplants."
"Sewing or knitting and crocheting can be a good way to spend time, even if you don’t make your own clothes."
"If you love baking you can bake 'goodies' for co-workers, neighbors, friends, family members, people at church, people that help you (doctors' office workers)."
"I watch videos, but I have to be careful not to watch too many 'chick flicks' because I can start to wallow."
"I often go for walks or long drives by myself."
"I clean."

Oh what inspirational ideas our singleness-gifted sisters have offered! And to think some "Christian" women will be busy having playful sex with their husbands and planning what gifts to give their kids!

Let's all try to remember those poor wives and mothers in our prayers this Christmas season!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has often been said that both marriage and singleness are equal gifts, and we should be content with either gifting.
But I humbly submit this is error!
Clearly the advantages of singleness far outweigh the advantages of marriage.
Besides, who wants to enjoy "playful sex" anyway?
Not good Christians, surely!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very good point, anonymous!
It has always bothered me that God created marriage and sex in the first place, and even wrote a section in His book all about erotic love.
I can only think that He was exhausted after all the creation work and didn't really think things through properly!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home