Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Importance of Waiting on the Lord

"I don't ever recall hearing from someone to wait upon the Lord and let Him find a college for me."
(Comment posted by male on another blog)

Frieda Fruitcake writes: What heathen wrote this! Of course you must let the Lord find you a college! How else would you know if you were at "God's best" place of learning?
Now, I say this not to boast, but that is exactly what Frieda Fruitcake did!
However, no college approached me after I failed all my exams.
(I also trusted in the Lord to supply me with the necessary knowledge at exam time too. Not for me the false idol of study, masquerading as an angel of light!)
It simply wasn't the Lord's will for me to get an education, that's all.
We must be content in all circumstances; in wisdom and in stupidity.
Praise the Lord for allowing me such undivided attention on Him, and protecting me from the treacherous false idols of books and learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home