Friday, April 06, 2007

Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace

Captain Sensible writes: Never did I imagine I would find this lovely song: "Make me a channel of your peace", sung beautifully by Sinead O'Connor, on YouTube.
Yet here it is.
The words are, I believe, based on a prayer of Francis of Assisi and the link to the song is below.
The images that accompany it are quite a mixed bag -- but the thing that strikes me is that Jesus died today out of love for every single person featured.
What a good Friday!

Make me a channel of your peace

Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love,
Where there is injury, Your pardon Lord,
And where there's doubt, true faith in You

Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there's despair in life let me bring hope,
Where there is darkness - only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy

Oh Master, grant that I may never seek,
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood, as to understand,
To be loved, as to love with all my soul

Make me a channel of your peace,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all men that we recieve,
And in dying that we're born to eternal life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAo_CgwdkPY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home