Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Everlasting God": It's not wrong to "wait on the Lord"! (But it IS wrong to wait when God tells us to act!)

Captain Sensible writes: I thank God for my accountability and prayer partner, "E", who has reminded me about the need for waiting on the Lord and being patient.
And God has kindly drummed the message home several times since then!
One way He has done this is through this beautiful worship song (see link below) so I now have no choice but listen to the words: "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord" going round and round in my head!
This is not an excuse for inaction. But the correct order is to wait on the Lord to see what He wants you to do, do it, and then trust that He is orchestrating things behind the scenes -- which He is!

Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home